Name: The French Chef
Presenter: Julia Child
Channel: WGBH (formally, No Longer Airing)
She was the woman who taught America to cook through co-authoring the masterpiece "Mastering The Art of French Cooking" and she took it further with this series, Julia Child was one of the greatest things in history to happen to cooking.
Although originally broadcasted in America, I watched the French Chef online from the UK and was captivated by her enthusiasm towards cooking and the marvelous dishes she produced. From cooking omlettes to steaming lobsters, Julia would show you that something you would have thought only a master chef could accomplish, was something you could do in your own kitchen and she would do it with a smile and sharp wit. From the episodes that I watched, my favorite was the Queen of Sheba Cake and I have tried it myself and not only was it easy to create, it was also delicious. A definite top class show to watch, a small part of the legacy left by an amazing chef.
Ratings:
Attitude: *****
Food: *****
Simplicity: *****
Ingredients: ****
Speed: *****
Overall Rating: *****

No comments:
Post a Comment